Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My new "go to" cleaner when I need to remove something sticky!!!

Three times in the last 4 days, I have used peanut butter to clean something sticky.  I know it may sound strange but it's true!  My 9 year old son left Double Bubble bubblegum in his baseball pants and it ended up all over his baseball jersey.  I wish I had taken pictures of the process ... it was AMAZING!!!  I had tried several other methods, specialty cleaners, ice and finally my last resort....peanut butter.  So there I was, his red, white & black dry fit baseball jersey and a blob of peanut butter.  I rubbed it in, let it sit for a few minutes and then used the edge of a spoon to remove the peanut butter.  I was SHOCKED!  The gum came right out!!!

Tonight I'm working on year end teacher gifts and I removed the label on the glass container and the label residue remained.  It was that super resistant kind that is next to impossible to remove.  A little peanut butter, razor blade & a little soap & it was SQUEAKY CLEAN!!  I remembered to take pictures this time!



Here's the container with the peanut butter smeared on the sticky spot.  I let it sit for a minute or two.






I used a razor blade to effortlessly scrape off the peanut butter.





A little dab of dish soap to wash off the peanut butter residue and ...... 





VOILA!!!! A completely clean bottom to the container with very little effort!

This is definitely my new "go to" sticky cleaner!!!  Give it a try & let me know how it works for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment