Monday, May 7, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Week

Having been a teacher for the last 10 years, I know how grueling it can be at times.  I can also honestly say that it is such a rewarding job!  For as long as I can remember, I wanted to be a teacher.  At times I miss my kiddos at school but my own children are keeping me PLENTY busy!!!  Growing up my Mom was always very active in my education and was always helping out at school.  I have always tried to help out Grant's teachers whether it be chaperoning field trips, helping out in the classroom, doing projects at home or supporting them any way that I can.  

The PTO set up theme days teacher appreciation week.  Monday's theme was writing a letter to thank a teacher.  Grant made his own cards to give his teachers and wrote little notes in them.  Tomorrow's theme is "show them how sweet they are".  I came up with this for his teachers.



The teachers at Mill Valley are "Extra" special "life savers"!





The theme for Wednesday is "school supplies".  I made each of Grant's teachers a post it note holder and stamped the corners of the post it notes.  I'll package them up in a cellophane bag with a pen.  I opted for plain and simple for these (no embellishments)






  
 

The tops of the packages will have my FAVORITE stamp on them!  I was so excited that I was able to create the full rainbow using my new stamp :)  



For Thursday the theme is "thirst for knowledge".  I used washable vinyl letters and personalized aluminum water bottles for each of the teachers.  For Friday, each teacher will get a photo frame and Grant's classroom teacher will get a weekly planner/menu board.  I'll take pictures of those items once I get them finished.  It has been a busy crafty week around here between the card give away and teacher appreciation week but I have been LOVING it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment