Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Year End Teacher Gifts

I have been a busy girl these past few weeks!  I just finished a scrapbook for a customer and then it was on to year end teacher gifts.  My son's music teacher is retiring this year so some of the 3rd & 4th graders are singing the song "You Are The Music In Me" from High School Musical for her tomorrow.  I was asked to put something together with the chorus of the song and a space for the students to sign.  This is what I came up with.  



After the frame for Mrs. Quist was done, I moved onto teacher gifts.  I decided that I wanted to try tackling the challenging task of creating a wreath with the rolled flowers from the Art Philosophy cricut cartridge from Close To My Heart.  It ended up being 70 rolled flowers and was my first real big project with the flowers but I LOVE how it turned out.  This wreath was made for Mrs. Whitley.  She is such a kind hearted, loving person.  She is the educational assistant in my son's 2nd grade class.  Mrs. Whitley's primary job is to work with the special needs students who are integrated into his class.  Grant LOVES to help out and has friended one of the students that Mrs. Whitley works with.  Through this fabulous experience for Grant, he too has become close to Mrs. Whitley.  She always has a smile for the children and Grant thinks the world of her.  She has gone above and beyond this year to help Grant fit in at his new school.  She probably doesn't think anything of it, but it meant a whole lot to me as well as to Grant.  I hope she likes her wreath! 


Mrs. Melish, Grant's 2nd grade teacher, has been a Godsend!  When we switched schools this year I was VERY nervous about the switch from private to public school.  We couldn't have been blessed with a better teacher for Grant.  Some people are teachers just to have paid summers off but that's not the case with his teacher.  She has been a HUGE source of support for Grant and our family throughout the school year.  She was firm yet loving, consistent yet spontaneous and was just all around a perfect fit for our family.  We will definitely miss her next year and can't thank her enough for everything that she has done for Grant this year.  I made her a scrapbook frame to put pictures of her children, she has a soon to be 4th grader and triplets who are going into pre-k.  I also made her a personalized clipboard.




Both Mrs. Melish and Mrs. Whitley are both getting pens as well.  Tommy (my husband) is quite crafty with wood.  He made these pens (from a block of wood ) for each of the teachers.  


I hope that the teachers like their presents and know how much we appreciate them!  


No comments:

Post a Comment