Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sick Baby = Time for Crafting

Averi is feeling under the weather today and has taken longer naps than she usually does.  I decided to take advantage of the down time while my house was quiet.  Tommy's at work, Grant's at school, Averi's sleeping in her swing and I was being crafty!!!

Grant's behavior charts are in full swing at school.  What exactly does this mean on the crafting front?  I needed a fun way to track the number of happy faces that he earns towards his reward.  He's going to a Blue Jackets game on Feb 12th with Tommy.  A prize he won at school for good behavior  :)  He wants a long sleeve Blue Jackets shirt to wear to the game.  For those of you who know me, you know my great love of couponing, recycling items into new items, and thrift stores.  We lucked out and found a hoody at Goodwill :)  Not only are we supporting a great cause, we got the shirt at a GREAT price and Grant will be thrilled once he finally earns it. (lets hope it happens before the game!)   Here's my fun take on tracking his happy faces earned.  The one baby food jar started out with 16 pompoms (the "Happy Faces To Go" jar).  Every time he earns a happy face on his behavior chart, he moves one to his "Happy Faces Earned" jar.  He hasn't seen them yet but I told him I'd come up with a fun way to track it ... I think he'll be excited!





A project that I had made on Monday evening came in SUPER handy on Tuesday night!  Just as Grant was getting ready to start his homework (a spelling activity that I usually help him with) Averi decided she was hungry.  Crisis was averted by my project from the day before!  I made him a magnetic board with his spelling words on it.  He was able to get the board down and quickly get his homework done.  The board also looks MUCH neater than the usual mess we have on our garage/kitchen door.  No hooks were needed because I put magnets on the back :)  Each week we'll just change the spelling words :)







I am working on another project but that will have to wait for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment